Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yikes!

First of all, much love to everyone who's been reading and commenting on the blog this week. I finally have an audience!

Secondly, I've barely been able to keep up with updates because I've finally gotten big assignments to work on at AdAge. I'm currently waiting on sources to call me back for this big piece for the book on racism in the advertising industry (heady stuff, I know) and couldn't be more excited to actually be working on a story that invovles more than congratulating an ad exec on his new promotion or the unveiling of the new Elmo (although that was admittedly pretty funny.)

But things will get even crazier this weekend when Dana, Kelly and Logan all come to the city at once for a big NYC free-for-all I've dubbed Hagfest 2006. There are talks of museum visits, party hopping, karaoke and Amy Poehler all in store for the next three days, with a big finish at "The Daily Show" on Monday night.

Even crazier, however, is Advertising Week, which kicks off Monday and will be held at a variety of swanky locations across the city (Rainbow Room, Tribeca Cinemas, Museum of Television & Radio, etc.) I've always wanted to go to and now have a reason. But the event I'm most excited about covering above all is the Crativity No Spot Short Film Festival at the Chelsea Clearview. I have purposefully linked to the festival at the list of directors because there are at least two who are pretty damn sweet.

Add to the excitment and rush of Ad Week the Stones and Spektor concerts and it's pretty much going to be my most fabulous week in the city yet. Best of all, my eds want me to write a column for the book at the end of Ad Week from a consumer's point of view, summarizing whether or not the week was effective to anyone outside the industry. Coming from someone who just learned what it meant for an account to be placed into review two short weeks ago, I'd say they definitely picked the right person for the job.

Finally, I will end today's post with a link to a video that has provided me endless mirth and merriment this past week. Strangers With Candy fans, take note!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BCMStcns-Qs

No comments: