Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The many faces of Fergie Ferg

As a shameless fan of Kids Incorporated reruns on the Disney Channel during my younger days, I felt a certain sense of pride and ownership when Stacy Ferguson got a grown-up gig as the lead singer of Wild Orchid in the mid-90s (almost no one rememebrs them, but I'm not ashamed to say I still have two of their CD singles from all the way back in 1997).

That said, I couldn't have been more shocked when Stacy reappeared four years after Wild Orchid's demise as the newest Black Eyed Pea, all thugged out and looking incredibly Latina, neither of which were traits she possessed during her ultra-white bread days on Kids, Inc.

As if to remind me of how far she's come, someone went to the trouble of assembling a highlight reel of Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson's best Kids Inc. clips to tune of "My Humps."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LIMhhrygGXQ

It doesn't always work editing-wise, but it sure is fun to see all those dance routines, uber-80s outfits and fake smoke again. Noticeably absent, however, is footage from the episode where she sang "You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover" and danced with a frog. A gross oversight by the editor's part if ever there was one...

At any rate, I'm hoping a post like this finally gets me some comments on this mofo. Check out the video and let me know what you think! And if you were a Kids Inc. geek like me, too, and remember the days when Jennifer Love Hewitt was credited as Love Hewitt but strangely called "Robin" on the show, holla back!

No comments: