Sunday, October 08, 2006

What I've accomplished in 12 hours' worth of procrastination

While my Technical Writing essay is still not complete as of this writing, I sure learned a lot of other things today. Here's a sample:

--My IMDB browsing taught me that Jennifer Love Hewitt is huge in South Korea. While her romantic comedy "If Only" went straight-to-DVD here in the States, it set a box office record among South Koreans, who apparently can't get enough of the onetime Jennifer Love Fefferman (remember her guets spot on Boy Meets World?!?)
--The Kent College Dems attracted a crowd of 500 people to its Sherrod Brown event yesterday, including special celeb guests Adam Brody and Luke Perry. Upon seeing Luke Perry's attendance on Wednesday I instantly Facebooked Kali to inform her that it is her duty as politics reporter to make Monday's front page story "Luke Perry is gay" a la "Family Guy." If only it were Adam West running for Ohio Senate and not Sherrod Brown it would have been a near-perfect recreation!
--"The Departed" kicked the Texas Chainsaw killer's ass this weekend at the box office, and rightfully so. That movie was damn good. Any movie with Matt Damon in a starring role is always a must-see on my list (and not just for the obvious reasons — he really is a tremendous actor), and Jack Nicholson hammed it up just enough for me to still appreciate his performance. Best of all, perhaps, was Mark Wahlberg, who puts into place everyone who's on screen with him. Which is saying something given his boffo list of co-stars.
--My Chase account is freezing $200+ of my money, which is both a relief (I thought I really had spent all but $20 of my paycheck yesterday...see what not balancing my checkbook gets me?) and an extreme frustration. I'm gonna neeed money this coming week since events this weekend will prevent me from getting my paycheck on Friday.
--I need a sugar daddy. Joey found a rather nice one who has an in-fucking-credible apartment in Tribeca that overlooks the entire city, Hudson River and New Jersey. His living room is the most tremendous panoramic view I've seen of New York yet, and that's saying something. That's what dating a Wall Street banker will get you, though.
--Joey's creativity never ceases to surprise me. Tonight, in honor of the Flavor of Love recap episode, he made us all individual candy clocks out of Skittles, licorice, Jolly Ranchers and Eclipse gum. They really were so good you could eat them. Joey's bf also kept the martinis pouring, first a Malibu/pineapple mixture (delish), followed by a vodka/melon/cranberry hybrid that was part Cosmo/part autumn-tini. Abby summed it up when she said, "I feel just like Carrie now.":

All in all, a fabulous weekend, but none of the above events or writing this here entry is going to finish my essay. Rats. Back to the homework...

No comments: