Thursday, August 24, 2006

Everyone should write a concert review at some point in their lives...

...that way you can Google yourself months later and discover amazing threads such as these devoted to your musical opinions:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/boards/main.jhtml/goo_goo_dolls/ViewThread?tID=1112042&mID=5531429&offset=0&index=0

My personal favorite comment on my vicious ripping apart of the Goo Goo Dolls:

"As for critics, isn't it great that we live in a country where we can legally own our own thoughts? This man could publish his opinion without fear of prosecution, persecution, or torture. Not enough countries can say that. The man has poor taste. There are starving children, cancer, and AIDS. I have bigger things to worry about. I can't take the time to teach him better taste."

Glad that person at least found the time from their busy schedule of curing cancer and AIDS to check the Goo Goo Dolls message board on VH1.com, of all places, though...

Also, as further proof of how rapidly I'm settling into things here in NY, my first story was finished by noon and up on the site by 2:
http://adage.com/mediaworks/article?article_id=111473

Second one will be up tomorrow. As for the actual magazine, it's pretty much up in the air till Friday as to when/if your stories will actually run in print or if they'll stay online. Chances are neither one is going to make it in this week, and that's fine. I'm still a bit shellshocked by the fact that I've already written two stories ready for publishing in the 48 hours since I've arrived in the city.

Finally, had my first celebrity spotting today. It wasn't much of one, but it still counts. Vanessa Kerry, the blonde daughter of John (not the one who wore the scandalous see-through dress two years back) at Duane Reade pharmacy on 44th and Lexington. I'm almost positive it was her, although she seems to have filled out a little bit from the pictures on Google Images.

If not, oh well. I have mad plans to arrange to see celebrities — guaranteed — in the coming weeks, including checking out Amy Poehler and the Upright Citizens Brigade this weekend. Huzzah!

No comments: